Zohar Zussman is an HCPC registered Clinical and Counselling Psychologist, treating adolescents and adults, both in individual psychotherapy and parents’ consultations.
Zhoar has over 15 years of experience working in different mental health and counselling settings. Throughout his career he has treated teenagers and adults coping with a wide range of challenging life events and conditions such as interpersonal conflicts, divorse and seperation, bereavement and loss, traumatic events, sexual orinetation conflicts, low self-esteem, immigration and relocation challenges and many more.
In addition, he gained experience in working with a wide range of mental conditions such as:
· Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
· Mood and Affective difficulties (e.g., Depression)
· Anxiety disorders (e.g., panic disorder, social anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder)
· Adjustment disorder
· Chronic Pain
· Self-harming behaviors and Suicidality
· Personality disorders
· High-functioning autistic spectrum disorder
· Conduct disorder
Being very invested in the question of what makes his therapy effective for the client, and from the wish to be present for his clients, in the right, most suitable and adaptive way, he has learnt, specialized, and expertized in various therapeutic modalities, amongst them psychodynamic psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT), Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR), Biofeedback and more.
Another approach he has integrated into his therapeutic work stems from practice and knowledge he has gained in Buddhist philosophy, from which mindfulness has derived.
· BA in Psychology and Philosophy – Ben Gurion University of the Negev (2005-2008)
· MA in Clinical Psychology – Ben Gurion University of the Negev (2008-2010)
· Licensed Clinical Psychologist, The Mental Health Department, Israel Defense Force (2016-2020)
· Clinical internship, The Mental Health Center in Ness Ziona- Youth Department. Assessment, diagnosis and psychological treatment with adolescents (Age range 12-18) and their parents (2015-2016).
· Clinical internship, The Mental Health Department, Israel Defense Force. Assessment, diagnosis and psychological treatment with young adults, adults and older adults (2010-2014).
· Assessment, diagnosis and psychological treatment with young adults, adults and older adults at the adult outpatient clinic in Beer Yaakov-Ness Ziona Mental Health Centre (2009-2010)
· Assessment, diagnosis and psychological treatment with children, adolescents and their parents at the Tal Psychological Centre in Beer Sheva (2008-2009)
· Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) Bootcamp (2019)
· Mindfulness and Biofeedback – integration in training and therapy – Israeli Biofeedback Neurofeedback Association (2018)
· E.M.D.R (phase 1) – Dr Odi Oren (2017)
· Prolonged Exposure – Dr Nitza Nakash (2015)
· Biofeedback- The Israeli Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (2014)
Registration and Licensing:
· Health and Care Professional Council (HCPC): Clinical Psychologist and Counselling Psychologist – PYL040401 (2021)
· Israel Psychologist Council: Certified Clinical Psychologist- 27- 33084 (2016).
· Israel Psychologist Council: Registered Psychologist- 27- 116631 (2010).